Thursday, February 11, 2010

I can't believe Alexander Mcqueen is GONE.

I'm seriously in a complete state of shock. An icon, someone who I admired, is completely gone.
Photobucket
"British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after taking his own life.

The 40-year-old committed suicide just three years after his close friend, Isabella Blow - who plucked him from obscurity and helped him become a star - killed herself.

A source at McQueen’s office this afternoon confirmed his death, saying: ‘It is a tragic loss. We are not making a comment at this time out of respect for the McQueen family.’


Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0fExhKYcQ"

It's such a blow to the fashion industry. Ugh, my mouth literally dropped while driving to school today while hearing the news on the radio. I never thought I'd expect something like this. I always thought of Alexander McQueen as one of those designers that would be as old as lagerfeld in the future. He was definitely an icon and truly a talented genius. He was the epitome of the what a designer is all about and created shows that truly were the epitome of what high fashion is. He's a true iconic artist that just influenced many and is going to be deeply missed. He's definitely one designer I truly followed & admired. His collections were definitely a key as to why I'm even into fashion. On a side note, I'm rather optimistic as to what's going to to happen to the mcqueen brand? Like is someone going to be appointed as the designer for the fashion house? I think i'm thinking to early for shit like that, but let's end this post with some of my favorite mcqueen collections and shows that truly show how influential & incredible he was.









RIP Alexander McQueen. It all seems so surreal.

No comments: