Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2010: Classy Sassy ya'll

Photobucket
You know, after last season's gorgeous blowout (don't judge, yes I loved the wigs and all those weird plastic bags from last season bitch) i'd expect Marc to top it off but never in a million years would I ever ever EVER, even by old ass Silvia Brown's fortune telling on the Montel Williams show, would I guess Marc would go all "classy sassy/50's silhouettes/curvy galore/" on us for fall. I want fashion forward, not something that's referencing literally the 50's. It's not boring at all, just not as refreshing as it could've been. Cliche? Why yes. Executed perfectly? indeed. He certainly didn't keep it boring at all. I'm loving the use of leather, tweed, flowers, plaids, & metallics. I'm not fond of the usual corset silhouette (HELLO! last time I checked I have no hips.....well as of late I've been eating good ol jack in the crack soo..) but I thought they looked gorgeous on the models and every single girl on the runway looked so elegant & chic. Classy but definitely with a refreshing take. Anyways it's not my favorite show of the season and I did wish Marc would've done something more youthful for both his and the Vuitton lines, but whatever, let's just post my favorite looks:
I love how precise, chic, and polished this look is.
Photobucket
Love the coat. Love the shouldered details.
Photobucket
Love the color..
Photobucket
I love how put together this look is. Love the coat.
Photobucket
So chic....my gawd that fur bag!
Photobucket
ooh this look is so cute! so me! love the sweater and I love it it's styled with the full skirt & the gloves. So chic.
Photobucket
Gorgeous 50's-esque dresses...
Photobucket
Photobucket
love this coat...
Photobucket
love the use of the tweed...
Photobucket
very cute...
Photobucket
Love the curduroy/leather fabrics used.
Photobucket
ugh this look is so gorgeous.
Photobucket
Loving the metallic uses..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Love the cropped jackets....
Photobucket
Photobucket
In love with the colorful flower prints...
Photobucket
I love how it's used here with the leather skirt..
Photobucket
I'm absolutely in love with this look right here. That voluminous exaggerated skirt with small sweater and the addition of the gloves....ugh I swear I can picture myself wearing it and looking fiiiiiine as hell...
Photobucket
Besides the one above, this one's also another of my favorite evening dresses. I've noticed that when Marc does evening gowns, they're also superb and this one's no exception. It looks like it came straight out of a fairytale. All that chiffon with the sequined bow on the pelvic bone area....ugh lusting ya'll, lusting....
Photobucket
this one was gorgeous as well....
Photobucket
so what's next season? grungy overthrown? light weight flower power?!? vermeer? crayola color extravaganzaaaa...?!! tribal chic? toki doki? oh wait...we've seen all those before. ehh, i don't care how the hell marc gets his next inspiration, whether it all takes a little trip down to puerto vallarta or some trippy pills, I hope it's something new and nothing "vintage-esque" like this one. Don't get me wrong, this one's timeless and sophisticated while remaining chic but there's nothing "captivating" to me.

No comments: