Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Versace Spring/Summer 2011 Mens: From Sexxx to Rock n Roll.

What the hell is Donatella, or should I say what the hell is Martyn Bal, who's quoted by Tim Blanks as the "new man on the company's menswear block" going for?!? I mean I love the direction Versace is going but it's a complete 180 than what I'm used to seeing. Don't we all agree?
Photobucket
I'm on two opposite sides. One one side I love how it was very rock n roll, very Dior Homme, who btw Martyn Bal worked for before, very rockabilly, very edgy but it wasn't synonymous with the Versace man. On the other side, I'm totally taken back by how this is so out of the Versace aesthetic, well at least for me. I mean where's the sex? Where are the men that would would be panty creamers and just pure eye candy? Certainly not these bitches below:
Photobucket
I do love how it's very reminiscent of the Dior Homme days under Hedi Slimane. Actually, I don't mind at all if Donatella keeps the menswear division going in this direction. You know how much of a Dior Homme fag I am! I would love it if Versace goes this way! Oh! and I love how the runway had changed once again. Very Spring/Summer 2006.
Photobucket
Enough bitching and now to my absolute favorite looks:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
ugh, those metallic jeans are so screaming my name:
Photobucket
And now the full video. Like always, fantastic music at Versace. Love love love!
Overall I'm a very happy slut when it's coming to Versace this season.

ps. oooh mama Donatella!! Those platforms! MY GAWD!
Photobucket
The higher you are, the closer to god right Donetalla? si si. Donatella as the number one cougar FTW!

No comments: