Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Battle of Yellow at the Costume Institute Gala: January Jones vs. Emma Roberts vs. Solange Knowles

The peplum silhouette was the hotness at Monday's Costume Institute Gala at the Met. Now, being the fashion obsessed whore that I am, I noticed that there was a bit of a similarity between three dresses:


So, who fucking it wore it best? Do I even have to answer that?
Of course it's January Jones! HELLO, it's Versace Atelier! Plus, I love the metal inserts throughout the bustier part of the dress. Emma, unfortunately, is wearing Escada. Homegurl could've done so much better! I fucking love Emma, so I'm so sad she had to end up wearing some B-rate dress. Solange is wearing Rachey Roy. Solange is well Solange so of course she's going with a Rachel Roy dress. Solange's dress is like the cheap Macy's version of the Versace gown whereas Emma's looks like it was just simply inspired. The only thing I'm disliking about the overall look on January is that necklace she juxtaposed the dress with. Turquoise and that sunny yellow is a no-no for moi.

No comments: