Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Marc Jacobs Resort 2013

My favorite looks are below: 




To be completely honest, it's not one of Marc's best collections. Heck, it's not even one of his best resort collections. However, I appreciate the gawky quality of it all. Idk, but the shapes seem to be so cool. I love the usage and application of the sequences. There's references to past work, imho. For example, the stripes tops are so reminiscent of those he did for Louis Vuitton spring/Summer 2008 (one of my all time favorite collections). I also found that a large part of this collection made me immediately come to the conclusion that if Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2009 had a love child with Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2011,  this would be it. Nonetheless, it feels a bit fresh and I'm strongly head over heels for the neon, sequined, and striped pieces. Some shapes/the styling in certain looks tended to be a bit gimmicky and a couple of the prints just didn't come off as desirable.
Now, let me keep it real. Who the fuck do I have to befriend for that neon yellow striped piece? Hmm?

No comments: