Saturday, June 16, 2012

Topman Design Spring/Summer 2013: California Cool

Let the Mens runway S/S 13 season begin! First up, of one of my favorites thus far: Topman Design
 I've never been a, well, fan of Topman Design and Topman in general since I'm constantly bombarding the Topshp website, but oh boy do I regret never really paying attention to the label and it's  high fashion collections. I found the collection had a very California cool-surfer meets skater inspiration, and that was pretty much evident by the skateboards the models, like Anthon Wellsjo, sported with the addition of the hawaiian shirts (I'm currently too keen on hawaiian shirts. Blame Altuzarra and Stella for doing awesome Hawaiian shirt based designs for S/S 12 and Resort 2012). Being a California native, who pretty much enjoys the sunny state and what it has to offer, I found myself pretty much salivating over it. It's so youthful, so you know the kids like moi will eat this up. The styling was perfection, in my opinion. I adored the color palette used and I'm having an anxiety attack at this moment about which products I want to end up adding to my underwhelming collection of clothes for next spring/summer. Plus, who doesn't love a good ol' California surfer-skater kid? I sure do. There's something so cool about them, and that was pretty much conveyed through this collection. Heck, I've been wanting to purchase a skateboard and learn how to ride it. There's something so fresh about the collection. Overall, the first official London Mens Fashion Week and the Men's S/S 2013 runway season are starting off really well. Anyways, enough of me rambling. Here are my favorite looks:
 











Those printed t-shirts are too cool and I can't help but think of the stunning sunsets California has to offer while looking at that colored cardigan/sweater combo look. Now, who the fuck do I have to befriend in order to get that jumpsuit and that full look on Anthon? Too fierce.

No comments: