Monday, August 6, 2012

Redness and a Burning Sensation. FML.

My FUCKING god. So yesterday has to be one of the worst days of my life. I have been doing the usual routine of using Likas Papaya Soap on my face and body while in the shower. Yes, it leaves me face dry, but I have to endure that ordeal in order for my skin to lighten (I have issues). After that, I applied a new sunscreen from Neutrogena and my skin immediately started to burn, especially around my cheeks and chin. I applied my new Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer afterwards and my face was still feeling the pain. I then spent the rest of the day at my niece's birthday party. Throughout the day, my skin felt so raw and slightly in pain. Once I got home, I decided to play around with the new makeup I had purchased at CVS. It was Neutrogena's Shine Free makeup. I applied it on my skin and the burning sensation came back. Now, I have a couple of theories as to why my skin is currently red and raw around my cheeks and chin. I'm assuming it's either
a) The Likas soap is causing my skin to feel raw and dry and therefore the products I applied after it immediately caused the inflammation.
b) Both the sunscreen and makeup from Neutrogena contain SPF. The interesting bit of info I found was that both those products had titanium dioxide, which is one of the essential ingredients in protecting the skin. The other Neutrogena sunblock I had didn't contain titanium dioxide. Other SPF alternatives come with a different kind of ingredient that isn't titanium dioxide, but unfortunately the name isn't popping up in my head. The thing with titanium dioxide is that it acts as a shield. It apparently reflects the sun rays away while other spf products absorb the rays but obviously protect your skin. I know, I'm the wrong person when it comes to this, but I'm just writing what I personally know and heard. So, all in all, the titanium oxide products caused the inflammation and my skin to be in pain. I even read a couple of websites stating that people with oily skin are absolutely recommend to not get titanium oxide based products because they clog your pores and can cause inflammation. Well, there yah go.
c) The mixing of my products (sunscreen first and then my moisturizer afterwards) wasn't such a good idea.
d) Finally, I've been using Murad's spot/blemish corrector product and that might have fucked up my skin somehow, but this is the least favorable theory of mine.

I think it's ultimately either A or B. I'm currently suffering from redness around my face and it's so embarrassing. I used Egyptian Magic cream last night in order to help relieve the redness and pain and it's magically done a pretty good job. I'm so stupid and used Lush's Ocean Salt scrub, but my dumbass didn't realize that it has alcohol as one of the ingredients and the redness and pain returned so I'm using my egyptian magic all over again. I also noticed that my skin is starting to slightly peel on my cheeks. I'm just so worried that this whole experience will leave a distinct mark on my face and more redness. This whole fucking ordeal is just so upsetting. I just wanna cry. I just want blemish free skin. I want perfect skin. Ugh.

No comments: