Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tavi's Strange Magic

FINALLY, I got the chance to attend one of Tavi's Rookie events. Strange Magic, anyone?


Just a couple of shots I took:

For those of you that have been oblivious to what Rookie has been doing, well Tavi and the gang have been going on a road trip and meeting fans here and there. Oh, and let's not forget the special events they've been hosting. Strange Magic was the finale of the whole road trip and was such a splendid art show that lasted for a week.


That art piece above, by far, has to be my favorite among the pieces I saw there. Majority of it was composed of collages of photographs. There was something very youthful about the images and major nostalgia with every piece. Did I mention one of the displaying pieces featured a vinyl cover of The Virgin Suicides' soundtrack? It was a subtle detail that required a closer look. Nonetheless, pretty rad. Anyways, obligatory OOTD.
(Vintage shorts. Alexander Wang sweater. Gap muscle shirt worn underneath. Bag from Windsor)


The only complaint that I have has nothing to do with the actual show itself but more with my friend. Ugh, my best friend just HAD to cancel our plans because of his own personal issues. Luckily, I was able to persuade him to attend the ending bash of the art show. By the time I influenced him to change his mind, it was too late to see Bleached perform. Oy vey. Oh, and I didn't get to actually meet Tavi, which was partially probably the main reason I wanted to go. Sigh, I guess there's always a next time. There's always fate, baby.

No comments: