Saturday, September 8, 2012

10 Crosby Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2013: A Trip Down to the Wild West

LOVE that 10 Crosby Derek Lam went with the south west as the inspiration this season while also staying true to Derek's edgy, cool personality.
I commented earlier this past week on The Fashion Spot how the collection isn't dowdy at all and that's usually the territory most collections get into when doing such a tricky theme. When doing a wild west collection, it can come off as looking a bit predictable, cliche, and somewhat vile. With this collection, I felt that the clothes still felt perfect for that downtown woman. Nonetheless, different iconic elements of what one would associate with the south west were included in numerous pieces. For example, take the last look. It has such a fantastic suede embroidery that elevates such a simple, chic top. Let's not forget the leather and belt. It works so well with the top. I'm also loving the lizard-effect print. Too cool. Below are my favorite looks.



Derek casted beauty blogger Emily Weiss for the lookbook. I'm not familiar with her work, but she's absolutely gorgeous. Plus, she looks fantastic in those clothes. The pajama lizard-print set would be ideal for this hot weather. It looks so light and effortless. The last look, by far, is my favorite. The embroidered top is already going into my S/S 13 list (no, you can never start too early with one of those ;P). The styling is just fantastic there. Last but not least, I wouldn't even question wearing that gorgeous dress in the second image. It looks absolutely chic and would be ideal for this hot, sunny weather. Overall, one of my top collections thus far.

No comments: