Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fashion Week is Here! BCBG Max Azria Spring/Summer 2013

Can't believe it's already NYC Fashion week and the beginning of a month full of shows. One of the fantastic labels I always look forward to each ready to wear season is BCBG Max Azria. This season wasn't really my cup of tea, but I really do appreciate the fantastic collection by Lubov and her husband Max.
 Immediately, it was quite evident that there was a sexy mood the collection was evoking. This was definitely identifiable with the abundance use of leather, lace, and those daring harnesses. I don't usually love harnesses (trust me, I see so many YouTube vloggers and street style images involving harnesses that just come off as failed attempts), but they definitely added an extra "oomph" many of the outfits. I absolutely adored this look below on Sara Blomqvist. The leather dress/overall piece sure did catch my attention and I'd love to style it with so many pieces in mind.

 The accessories were a little lackluster and I feel as if I've seen those shoes before from prior collections. Nonetheless, they worked well with the collection. Love how the harness was used below.

The color palette was a bit dull, but I couldn't help but fall in love with this pastel orange color below on Kati Nescher's dress.

My absolute favorite look from the collection has to be this one on Ruby Aldridge. I just love the placement of the lace. Plus, I look a good tailored tuxedo jacket. Can't go wrong with one.

This look below is sublime. The leather cape could've been disregarded, but nonetheless it's a fantastic look. I can't tell if it's one whole skirt together or two pieces layered on top of each other.


This look below seemed a bit Valentino. Maybe that's why I'm loving it. lol

and can we PUHlease mention how Kati Nescher was the star of the show! The girl is pure perfection!
Overall, it didn't satisfy my expectations. Not really my cup of tea, but I due have to owe credit to the fantastic dresses. They're chic and have a subtle sexy touch to them. You can't go wrong with them.

No comments: