Friday, October 5, 2012

Elie Saab S/S 2013 Paris

I'll eventually make a huge post about my top collections and how underwhelming the season was, but Elie Saab was one of the few collections that was just superb. Yes, it wasn't anything innovative and revolutionary, but I love how this man just keeps on producing some of the most chicest pieces every season. You can always count on Saab to produce some red carpet numbers that'll make you look like a million bucks. This season, he went a bit minimal and focused on what seemed like workwear, evident by the emphasis on tailoring at the beginning of the show. Oh, and I'm so happy he opened the show with Sigrid!
 It wouldn't be a quintessential Saab collection without those fierce numbers towards the end, which I personally happened to love Magdalena's dress the most. Images don't do that dress justice. You have to see videos on YouTube to acknowledge the wonderful movement that dress itself has. Flawless, to be quite honest. Colors came in cobalt blue, nude, raspberry red, and green.

 Saab also worked with sheer fabrics, such as lace, and incorporated them into panels. I love the intricate use of the lace on this dress on Kasia. The use of sheer makes the dress quite sexy, but it doesn't border on being vulgar at all. I find that quite captivating.

 This cocktail dress on Magda was superb! Love the bright raspberry red color.
 Simple, timeless closing dress on Daria. It's so minimal, yet it's so chic. I'm not one to usually love lace, but I love Saab's use of it in this collection.
 I also included this photo of Magdalena (who I'm a big fan of) backstage at the show fixing her makeup.
I don't know, but I just have a thing for images of models getting their makeup done backstage. There's just a glamorous aspect of it that I just adore.
Overall, fabulous collection.

No comments: