Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saint Laurent Mens Spring/Summer 2013

I'm at a loss for words.
Remember how Hedi's menswear collection was presented a couple of months ago in the summer during menswear fashion week to only buyers (or was it only editors? hmm..) and prohibited ANYONE else from seeing it/distributing images of it? Well, the collection is finally out. It's like Dior Homme all over again, but with a slight touch of new wave. It's also very YSL, especially with the tailoring and evening looks. I'm just salivating; I want it all!














Cool sequined blazers and skinny suits? Check.
Easy, cool jeans? Check.
Young edgy male models like in his hey days at Dior Homme? Check
I'm just in awe over this. The skinny suits are probably my favorite things here. And that sequined shirt styled over the striped t-shirt? It's love at first sight. Hedi is just a visionary and literally everything he does just increases my admiration for him. It's all very true to his aesthetic. It's very rock 'n' roll, a slight bit androgynous, and youthful. His aesthetic is what ultimately got me into high fashion. Those Dior Homme collections of his will always have a special place in my heart and this isn't too far from what he was doing. Don't even get me started how Hedi's photography here is amazing. It could easily be a fantastic campaign or editorial, and it does a tremendous job highlighting key pieces in each individual shot.
This is just too cool and I can't wait for the future of YSL under Hedi.

No comments: