Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chris Benz S/S 2013

So what are my thoughts on the quirky, layered collection Chris Benz presented in September during New York Fashion Week? I don't know about you, but I'm absolutely obsessing over it.
When it comes to layering, it's such a tricky thing. Styling/ layering in order to create effortless, nonchalant looks is quite a hard task. Labels like Missoni and Marc Jacobs have succeeded in the art of layering (MJ FW06 and Missoni FW09, anyone?). Chris definitely executed that flawlessly here. It was quirky, but not too cluttered, in my opinion. I thought the individual pieces were quite cute (ex. that egg yolk sequined top below is just too cute for words). As an aspiring stylist, some looks here were just too good to ignore. I absolutely adore the looks below:

 The last look is so feminine and pretty, and I love the use of the pleats in such a subtle way. Fantastic collection from Benz. I'm also head over heels for the color palette, especially the almost mustard-like yellow and the peach. Who knows, maybe he'll switch from presentations to runway shows next season. You all know how much I love a good ol' runway with a sick soundtrack.

No comments: