Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Why are the Folks at H&M Fucking Idiots?

"Right now, however, your background and experience do not match any of our current openings" are the only stupid, absurd words that matter from their email I just received about the job application I submitted. You know, the "We wish you the best" line is utter bullshit. So as normal, I check my email today when I woke up. I finally got a response about my "unfortunate experience" that didn't mesh well with the folks at H&M. Hmm, having experience in retail for almost three years and working for brands/stores like Nine West, Windsor Fashions, and Gap isn't at all valuable experience? I don't know about you, but I felt like I'm the quintessential H&M costumer and this is my second time receiving this email! I mean, I literally know every model that H&M uses and every collection they put out. Heck, I'm a little bit obsessive about the collaborations they have (my personal favorite was Lanvin, tbh). So what makes the folks at H&M utter idiots? About a month ago, one of my friends told me he was hired by them and now works seasonal, or maybe part time, there. What baffles me is that he has NO experience in retail and no major experience at all. He told me he was going to put his community service on his resume and hoped that was sufficient enough for the position since he's never really worked a real job. However, poor ol' me that has worked in the business for some years doesn't have the "background" and "experience". Complete bullshit. They treat their customers like shit, so I'm sure the people handling the applications is an imbecile as well. It's so puzzling. I really wanted to have a second job, but oh well. Their loss. I mean, if they want people with no experience, go ahead. It's already evident how incompetent their employees are, so maybe that's why they're seeking that.
I asked my friend about the Margiela collection about a couple of weeks and he's like "oh yeah, we're getting the collections soon." I corrected him and told him he's most likely getting the Lana Del Rey collection and that only flagship and other notable stores are getting the major collaborations. He works there and I don't. That should say enough ;).

No comments: