Sunday, November 25, 2012

Work OOTD, 3.1 Phillip Lim Sample Sale, and Thanksgiving

I've been a little m.i.a. regarding personal/ootd posts. This should suffice :)
Wore the outfit below just to work about a week and half. Halleloo that it was chilly otherwise I would've had to resort to solely jeans and a t-shirt. 
(Jeans from Forever 21. Brown sneakers from Urban Outfitters. Navy blue oversized t-shirt. Leopard scarf made from one of my good friends as a gift. Faux leather hooded jacket from Windsor Fashions. Gray beanie. Red bag from Alexander Wang)
Oh, I have to mention that I went about a week ago to the 3.1 Phillip Lim sample sale. My whole plan was to skip my second class that started at 12:30 pm and just go straight after my first class to the sample sale at the cooper building in downtown Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I studied a bit longer than I had originally planned to the night before and thus I woke up at around 2. I immediately showered and headed to the sample sale 'cause lord knows I love me a good ol' sample sale. Once I got there, you could tell that the empty racks throughout the space had originally been filled with clothes but because of my late arrival, I missed out on the opportunity in seeing them and possibly purchasing them. Nonetheless, there were some goodies still left. I ended up leaving with a muscle shirt that has a sunglasses design on it, a pastel blue shirt that has a chiffon panel in the back, and a pair of shorts with an attached skirt on it that's from the Spring/Summer 2012 collection. Good deals on the muscle shirt and the shorts, which each were $50.

Last Sunday, I headed to the Melrose flea market and the Beverly Center for some shopping with my gurl Andreina.
 (Being a camera whore in the parking lot. Coat by Eryn Brinie. Camouflage printed pants from Gap. Sunglasses by Raybans. Red bag from Alexander Wang. Brown sneakers from Urban Outfitters)
 It can be a bit overwhelming when shopping at a flea market, so I opted with a casual look consisting of comfortable sneakers and a nice coat to keep my warm.

Now, for Thanksgiving, I didn't put too much thought into this outfit, to be quite honest. In the end, I did love the overall look. It was a familiar look I've done in the past (just look above LOL), but it always works, especially when running late to meet the family.
 (Coat by Eryn Brinie. Black skinny trousers from Gap. Vintage pajama top. Red loafers from Tods. Red brenda camera bag from Alexander Wang)
Best thing about Thanksgiving is the pumpkin pie, obviously! I let myself become obese for a day.

This look below is from yesterday. I've never worked during a black friday weekend, but oh boy was I surprised at the hoards of people that'll do anything just to make a quick deal. Sigh, that's why I stick to online shopping these days.
(Jeans from Forever 21. Black patent toe sneakers from Chanel. Black oversized t-shirt. Vintage button up shirt. Red Brenda bag from Alexander Wang. Neon colored bracelet from Gap).
Adios!

No comments: