Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Outfit of the Day: Shearling is All That Matters

Shearling is seriously all that matters. Well, at least to me that is. I recently discovered a $50 Macys gift card the other day in my drawer and ran to the nearest department store to splurge just a little bit.
(Outfit of the Night: White collared shit from Gap. Bar III faux shearling oversized jacket purchased at Macys. Random gray beanie that's practically my child by now. Black skinny jeans from Gap. Vintage black pointed boots)
So, the fab jacket retailed originally for around $169, but there was a massive sale going on and on top of that my friend let me use her 20% discount coupon, so I ended up using the $50 gift card and paying $17 out of my pocket. It was pretty much a steal, no? Yesterday was my friend Marilyn's birthday dinner and it was the perfect place to showoff my new baby
Let's be real, the jacket is SUCH a knockoff version of those breathtaking shearling jackets from Balenciaga's Fall/Winter 2004. Sighhh..
Let's just fucking pretend it's Balenciaga, okay? But seriously, it's such a cozy, chic piece. I'm for sure wearing it back to school on Wednesday. I mean, I need a chic, eye-catching, but cozy piece for when I got back to school from vacation and this is piece is it! Maybe with a pair of jeans and a white shirt? Wait! Now that I think about it, I do have some light gray colored skinny jeans that would go so well with the jacket! Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

No comments: