Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Topman Design Fall/Winter 2013 Menswear

Flawless collection from Topman Design and a great collection to start off the Fall/Winter 2013 season. Initially, I was a bit skeptical whether I liked it or not, but I'm actually salivating over so many pieces now. The opening look in all white with that cropped white peacoat, the orange ensemble on Benjamin Eidem that consisted of a cute shawl collared cardigan, and the lovely maroon and navy blue towards the end just all worked so well. Yes, everything was flawless and gorgeous. This season, the topman design man is an explorer with an impeccable taste in layering. Explorer chic, I like to call it. While there's an element of exploration in this, the collection does remain true to the topman label and offers pieces that can truly be worn in so many ways (those coats and cropped pea coats already would look impeccable with a pair of jeans and sneakers for the urban man). I was especially intrigued by the color palette and how it went from soft white to strong, darker colors like navy and maroon. The knitwear and outwear here have a special place in my heart. The styling was nice, as it was with last season. I don't think anything will top off that rad surfer/skater collection from last season, imo, but this collection proved that Topshop Design is a label to really look forward to every season from now on. Favorite looks below:
Let's take a moment to appreciate the flawless makeup and hair the models sported.


Ugh, and I now want to cut my hair like the model above. Oh well, that's fashion week for yah. It always causes you to reconsider your look at the moment lol.

No comments: