Thursday, February 7, 2013

Forever Grateful

Guess where I'm blogging from?
The hospital? Yup. I've been spending majority of my time here the past couple of days because my dad immediately needed medical care to help with his heart issues. Last Thursday, everyone in the family rushed to the hospital because he was feeling significant pain in his chest and left arm. It turns out that he had two clogged arteries and the third one was 70% clogged. It's been such a tough time for my family. It's not just this, but my family has been dealing with an abundance of issues lately. Let's just say that the end of 2012 wasn't so good and it's definitely transitioning into 2013. My dad underwent open-heart surgery on Monday and it was such a tough thing to see my own father scared. He kept questioning whether it would go 100% okay or if there would be any complications. Knock on wood, but if my dad ever left, I don't know what I'd do. I'm not very close with him, but he's my father. He's the one that gave my life, raised me, and taught me everything I know today. I wouldn't have the strong work ethic I have now if it wasn't for him. Fortunately, the surgery went well and the nurses have been reassuring us that he's doing absolutely well. They've noticed that his recovery process has been going at a fantastic rate and he should remain in the hospital no more than 3 days. I'm currently here spending the night watching over my dad. While I'm a bit tired typing this and about to do my homework, I'm absolutely grateful to god for protecting my dad.
Forever grateful.

Lates,
Tony.

No comments: