Saturday, April 6, 2013

Style.com/Print Fall 2013 "The Rule Breakers" by Alasdair McMellan

I wasn't really a fan of the first issue of Style.com/Print, but they really are stepping up their game. I believe this is their third cover thus far and I'm blown away by how stunning it is. That stare is everything!
The cover story is sublime too! Everything is styled by Christopher Kane and the editorial highlights just how perfect his Fall/Winter 2013 collection is, which I desperately need mixed in with my wardrobe. I also love the dark, youthful 60s vibe the editorial has. They look like a bunch of cool, chic kids in high school, maybe in England, just having a splendid time, no? I never get tired of Alasdair's inspiring photography.

Photographer: 
Alasdair McLellan
Models: MARTA DYKS, ELLINORE ERICHSEN, DYLAN BAXENDALE, PAUL JOSEPH CROSSAN, LEIGHTON NEILL & PAUL COGAN
Styling: Christopher Kane
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-Up: Lucia Pica
Not gonna lie, I'm most likely picking this issue up for that editorial alone. So fresh, cool, and each image alone is absolutely striking. Sigh, if only I could find HQ versions of them to decorate my room with. My favorites shots consist of the ones where the model is smoking in the fur tripped coat and you see that gorgeous theatre in the background and the image of the model in the fuzzy-looking CK coat playing around at some science fair. The setting and clothes work magnificently together. Well styled.
Goddess Kristen McMenamy also has an editorial in this. Such a hauntingly, beautiful story.

It Was Always Kristen

Photographer: Nick Knight
Model: Kristen McMenamy
Fantastic issue all around!

No comments: