Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chanel Resort 2013 Singapore

This had all the Chanel-isms: The shoes with a different colored toe, the pearls, the camellia flowers, the logo bracelets, and the chic black dresses. Another quintessential collection from Chanel. While that may seem well, that's my issue with it overall. It's that Karl didn't quite expand the Chanel codes and didn't do something artistic and sublime like he usually does for his collections, especially for resort. Last resort dealt with creepers, pastels, colored wigs, and Napoleon Bonaparte, but this felt like it lacked that strong energy that last resort had. It just felt like he didn't try, to be honest. However, Karl produced a chic, sellable collection that I'm sure will appeal to many. 
It just felt like I've seen it all before. It's not stale, but it didn't excite me as usual. Now, can we take a minute to talk about the new version of those espadrilles that come up to your ankle. Now those I'm looking forward to next year. I need them.

No comments: