Friday, June 21, 2013

Christopher Shannon Spring/Summer 2014 Menswear


My god, this has to easily be one of my favorite collections of London Fashion Week. Easily, the hair and makeup wins by far beating out every other show's makeup and hair look. The clothes themselves are sublime. There's this sporty feeling running throughout the collection, evident by the use sneakers and fabric choices. I initially fell in love after reading the main inspiration behind the collection. Christopher this season was inspired by his clubbing days in the late 90s in Northern England. Christopher felt this collection was very personal to him, and it indeed worked in his favor. It was a collection full of sublime clothes and I could easily see myself incorporating them into my wardrobe. The printed sweaters have these wild prints, yet they're very chic and would look lovely if I paired them with something more me, like black skinny jeans. My favorite piece, however, has to be that last floral bomber-cape hybrid piece that's posted. I've obviously seen that silhouette before, but the prints and colors used are phenomenal. That piece has me written all over it.
Now, HARD Summer and Lollapalooza aren't too far away. How about I pull a beauty look ala Christopher Shannon? You know it'd be so fierce.
More backstage shot:

xoxo

(images from style.com and openingceremony.com)

No comments: