Friday, August 16, 2013

August 2013 Playlist

New month, new playlist. Yes, I know, I've been lacking on publishing these playlists on my blog on time but hey better late than never, no? For this month's playlist, I wanted to just place a bunch of fun, danceable songs together in honor of the last month of Summer. I also didn't forget to include some major obsessions I've been having like that Kelis song below, which is iconic, I swear. Sure, next month is probably still going to be absurdly hot and still considered "Summer" yet for many of us August marks as the last month of letting loose, vacationing, and just strutting our shit before our lives become consumed with work and school. Also, I've been having a huge electronica/house/garage thing lately, so there's some of that in here with the overwhelming amount of Disclosure. Hey, it's freaking Disclosure. They're absolutely rad! I wasn't able to locate a full version of the AlunaGeorge track included in this, but that clip below should suffice I guess. If you have Spotify, listen to it there. It's a breathtaking, danceable pop song. If not, I urge you to download it. Actually, download the whole damn album. It's that good. So cheers to the last month of Summer! Enjoy!
Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure remix)


Major Lazer - Bubble Butt ft. Bruno Mars, Tyga, & Mystic


Kelis - Caught Out There


Disclosure - You & Me ft. Eliza Doolittle


AlunaGeorge - Superstar


Ben Westbeech - Hang Around


Calvin Harris - Thinking About You ft. Ayah Marar


Phoenix - Trying To Be Cool


Jay-Z - Tom Ford


Brodinksi feat. Louisahhh! - Let The Beat Control Your Body


Mac Miller - S.D.S.


Katy B - Movement


Disclosure - F For You


Moderat - Bad Kingdom


Lone - Rapid Racer


Julio Bashmore - Au Seve


Disclosure - Voices ft. Sasha Keable


Todd Edwards - Echo Of The Past


Disclosure - Defeated No More feat. Edward Macfarlane


Royksopp - 49 Percent (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)


Laters,
Tony

photo from Vogue Paris June/July 2012

No comments: