Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to School Makeup Routine

For my fellow Californians, how the hell are you dealing with this horrendous, too-caliente-to-function heat? I don't know about you, but I hate when I get to school because my makeup ends up looking like a hot mess from this blazing heat. Yah feel me? Anyways, I think I've found the perf makeup essentials for me. My current school/summer routine consists of BB creams and light powders.
The Garnier BB cream is ideal because it offers the right amount of coverage without feeling too thick or heavy on the skin. I love this formulation and I haven't tested out the oil-free one, but it does feel a bit too oily/shiny on my face (duh). In order to diminish the oil, I use this Smashbox Halo powder that I recently received in a box set. It's perf simply because the powder is light yet it offers a tad bit more coverage and my face doesn't look cakey whatsoever. I totes recommend. Last but not least, a chapstick, like this Maybelline Baby Lips moisturizing one, that has SPF is necessary in order to prevent your lips from also being affected by the blazing sun. Yes, you must have SPF in everything, even your damn lips.
Any products you're loving for this summer? 

No comments: