Tuesday, August 20, 2013

V Magazine #85 Fall 2013 : Lady Gaga by Inez & Vinoodh

First and foremost, I actually detest Gaga and how many consider her "iconic" and "revolutionary" because well, uhh, she's not and her music is pretty generic, imo. However, these covers are so gorgeous and out of this world. Then again, they were shot by Inez & Vinoodh, two of my favorite photographers. They truly know how to show off someone's best assets and beauty so I'm not really surprised these turned out wonderfully. I love the custom made pieces for each cover, especially this badass, rock 'n' roll ensemble designed by Hedi Slimane of Saint Laurent. Gaga is totally channeling Joan Jett here.

Besides the one above, I adore this cover too. It's such a strong, striking image. Someone on The Fashion Spot said there's something a bit Raquel Zimmerman about this shot and I totally see it!
 That whole plastic ensemble by Giorgio Armani styled with that 80s hair and glamourous makeup? Perfection.
Brit Brit, is that you? Jokes aside, Gaga looks so pretty here. That pretty, femininity she's exuding with hair and makeup styled with that badass, punk ensemble by goddess Donatella Versace that's excessively adorned with pins just works so well. It's the combination of two polar opposite things that easily works well in the end.
This one is my least favorite. The Balenciaga ensemble by Alexander Wang is okay and bit mundane, but the hair is a hot mess.
 I know I'm not a huge Gaga fan, but I'm debating about which three to get. Also, let's hope the issue itself is jam-packed with sublime, inspirational editorials. Don't let me down, V Mag!

No comments: