Sunday, January 19, 2014

20th Annual Screen Actor's Guild Awards Best Dressed : Cate Blanchett in Givenchy

While I was busy today at the mall running some errands and having a fabulous time with my girls celebrating Marilyn's 21st birthday, I did manage to catch a glimpse of the red carpet for the SAG awards on my phone. My best dressed? Obviously, Cate Blanchett in that Givenchy gown. Pretty in pink, for sure.
The pink sequins are what sold me on the dress. It's so tastefully done and it's in that sweet, feminine light pink shade. I also love that it's very in tune with what Riccardo sent down the runway for the Spring/Summer 2014 collection. Actually, there's a dress in the collection that's pretty much identical but I believe it has bronze sequins instead. Nonetheless, the gown is undeniably chic.
Also, kudos to her makeup and hair team. The hair is perfect to show off that cute halter neck/sequin part of the gown. Plus, it looks so easy and effortless. The makeup consisted of pink lips and a pretty, pinkish blush. It was all in tune with the color scheme of the dress, which just exuded this feeling that everything was perfectly put together and complimentary. Her look just resonated with me the most, tbh. It was feminine, chic, and pretty.
Seriously, she's such a goddess. She always knocks it out of the park every red carpet.
Let's end this post with this little gem I found on Tumblr:

No comments: