Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Diane von Furstenberg's 40th Anniversary! (Fall/Winter 2014)

Congrats on Diane for celebrating 40 years of business! The iconic wrap dress has proven to be a timeless piece that I feel every woman should have in their closet. I thought the name she gave for the collection
, Bohemian Wrapsody, was brilliant. When I think of DVF, I immediately think of prints as well, which this collection was heavily filled with. By far, my favorite has to be the star print seen on that gorgeous gold and black gown on Ashleigh Good. I do appreciate that the collection wasn't so heavily nostalgic but rather pushing forward. Nothing felt dated, which was good. To be honest, if I had to pick anything from this collection I'd choose the furs, but most importantly the dresses and gowns! That's where the real brilliance is at in this collection.

Another specific dress I adored was this one below. I thought the wave pattern was quite cool and interesting. I love that contrast of the blues and black.
I'm screaming at the blue fur. It's to die for.
The best part of the show wasn't the day wear or the fantastic St. Vincent performing, who I adore, but the parade of gold shimmery dresses in halter neck and wrap versions at the end of the show. It was celebratory and each girl looked effortlessly glamorous.
Congrats to DVF!

No comments: