Sunday, May 18, 2014

Palo Alto Soundtrack

I think one of the movies I've been really wanting to catch in theaters lately has to be Palo Alto starring James Franco and Emma Roberts. The film features music by Devonte Hynes a.k.a. Blood Orange, who I adore. There's also Gia Coppola's involvement, which she's the director of the film. If you know me, then you should know my favorite director is Sofia Coppola. With that in mind, I'm eager to see how Gia's work compares to that of Sofia's. Also, I'm a sucker for those coming of age films. I recently came across the soundtrack about 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely in love with it. Devonte's involvement brings it to another level and Jason Schwartzman's band Coconut Records is another fave of mine. Blood Orange's 'Champagne Coast' is one of those songs that's so relaxing when enduring a long drive (trust me, I've listened to it so many times driving home from work). I'm also really glad I listened to the soundtrack otherwise I wouldn't have found out about Marc Demarco, who's music is breathtakingly amazing. Thank god I discovered his music, which kept me sane through finals week. Anyway, check out and the soundtrack and enjoy!

I'm hoping to see it hopefully either today or possibly next Thursday when it lands at the nearest Arclight.

p.s. Can we also make this an appreciation post for Mac Demarco? His carefree, IDGAF attitude is such a contrast to his chill music, yet I'm all-around obsessed with him. Here's a mini playlist of my favorite songs from him.

No comments: